What is the major advantage that Android users have over the OS? Yes, it is the ability to install or sideload third-party apps on the Android ecosystem without rooting the device. But then it can be very frustrating if an app gives you an error, the app is not able to install and there is no reason what-so-ever as to why that app is not installing. That’s No error code nothing so what is causing this issue and what can you do to fix it. let’s know about this in this post are Fix App Not Installed Error on Android.
We’ll start with the very basic things that you can do and then move on to the Advanced Settings. Now the Advanced Settings might be a bit complicated for some users out there, but then those particular fixes might solve the issue 100%. Then the basic settings will also mean for 80% of the users it might be work. So well let’s start with a very basic first.
Fix App Not Installed Error on Android
Enable Unknown Source
Now the very first thing, you need to see is that have you-
- Enabled the unknown sources on your device
- You need to head over to settings tap on security
- Enable the toggle next to unknown sources.
- Best 5 Absolutely Free and Secure VPN Apps for Android Devices 2020
- Remove Clean Master app from Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo Phones step-by-step tutorial
With the newer version of Android 10, the process is easier. The moment you try to install an apk a pop-up will show up asking new permissions for the same.
Do you want this particular app to install on your phone and all you need to do is tap on enable and once added that particular app will be able to install other third-party apps out there? This is a one-time process but you have to give permission only if you are sure that that particular app will not install any malicious apps behind your back.
Fix with Playstore
Now moving on when it comes to side loading apps Google is a little bit aggressive especially if the apk file that you are trying to install is let’s the disabled by Playstore or for some reason Google thinks that it’s a malicious app. It’s certainly up to you if you want to install that but then there’s a way to disable that as well.
So u do that head over to Play Store-
- Open up the menu and tap on Play protect.
- Tap on the Settings cog and disable the toggle makes to scan device for security threats.
- 59 Chinese Apps Ban in India |Top Alternative Apps in India(Updated)
- What is VPN? How it works Virtual Private Network and Why do I need it?
that should ideally do the job for you. Just keep in mind that once your app has been installed make sure to turn this toggle back on please protects is an essential service that helps protect your device and you don’t want to leave it turned off.
This is complicated ones let’s gradually you might want to do is clear the cache of the apk installer. That particular module installed different apk’s on your Android device and there might be a possibility that the cache files or the data of that app might be corrupted.
So in that case-
- Open up the app manager on your device(It’s under settings)
- Tap on the three-dot menu
- Tap on reset app preferences
- You should now be able to install your downloaded apk easily if this particular method works for you.
- Secret WhatsApp Tricks and Features that are important to know
- What will you do when your phone is stolen? CEIR Mobile Tracker
Don’t worry this won’t it is any data from any of the apps the method will however revoke some permissions so you might have to grant them once again.
The very first thing that you can do is sign a particular apk. I mean Android only allows you to install an apk if it is signed by the publisher but then sometimes what will happen is you are trying to download an apk it might not be signed and that is why your Android is throwing that error.
Fix with APK signer
In such cases, you can sign that particular apk file yourself and it’s not a tedious task it’s very easy. let me tell you how so all you need to do is download an apk file. You need to download an app to sign enough so that a different app can install that app on your particular devices.
The particular app is called APK signer. That’s about it now all you need to do is-
- Open up the app tap on signing tap
- On the bottom you’ll see a pencil like icon.
- All you need to do is tap on that icon
- Now just browse to the apk file on your device
- Once you have done that tap on save
- APK will now be signed and automatically saved as a new apk file.
- Go ahead and install that APK file
- What is 5G Technology, How much is 5G Speed, When is launching in India
- How can I stop my Android Smartphone hanging problem fix 2020
This particular method might solve the issue for you and let me just say it out loud you really need to be sure that the apk file that you have downloaded needs to be secure. I mean you should trust the source and just don’t do it on any source out there because your phone has a lot of your personal data.
Fix with Apk editor Pro
Install this apk files from Google Play so there might be there are many reasons why you might want to install an apk from a third party website but still please make sure that the secure source has to be secure.
If all that doesn’t work for you there might be a problem with the base apk and fixing that is also quite easy now from the download and install an app name is Apk editor Pro and once installed open it-
- Tap on select an Apk file
- Browse onto the file that is on your device that you want to rectify
- In the menu that pops up tap on common edit
- Now change the installation location to internal only and tap on save button
- It will create a new modified version of the app and then you can go it and try to install it.
Now if that doesn’t work repeat the steps and try it changing the app code as well or you could even experiment with changing the version number in case you are installing an apk of an already installed app. I delete the previous method should work just fine and the last method should only be used as the last resort.
If that APK file if that app is really important for you and you desperately want to install. It and also make sure that that particular app you can try installing it on a different Android phone with a different Android version. Let’s say you can check if that works it’s really good but it’s not these steps might help you out so well if you have any other personal doubts or I mean if you have any other additional doubts about this particular step that you followed in this methods please do ask them in the comment section.